Welcome! And thank you for visiting our website! Whether you are a prospective student, an alumnus or community member we hope you'll gain insight into how Johnstown Christian School strives to ignite faith, learning and service in our students.
The 2017-2018 school year marks the 73rd year of serving Christian families in Johnstown. Our purpose is to come alongside parents and their church families to educate children not only academically, but also in the ways and teachings of Christ. Our curriculum and our extracurricular activities all place Christ at the center, working to realize His truth and His purposes in all that we do and learn.
The tagline verse and general theme of Johnstown Christian School comes from Psalm 78: “We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord.” The faculty and staff of JCS are committed to Jesus Christ and diligently integrate Biblical truth into all classes and activities. Our great privilege is to love, teach, guide, and mentor the students entrusted to our care.
Let me share with you some of the other strengths of JCS!
- We serve children of all ages, from pre-school through Grade 12.
- We are fully accredited and teachers are certified in their subject areas.
- We offer a full range of academics including dual-enrollment college level classes (ACE), technology, practical academics, foreign languages, music, art, physical education, and resource room.
- We offer both boys and girls athletics here at JCS and through our Co-op with Shade.
- Our students regularly participate in activities such as speech meets, spelling bees, math olympics, science fairs, and retreats.
- Our faculty regularly engages in professional development opportunities to learn current best practice methods and keep our teaching skills sharp.
How you will educate your children is one of the most important decisions you will make as parents. Please be sure you have intentionally chosen the school your child will attend. We invite you to contact JCS to receive more information or schedule a visit.
~ Mrs. Celeste Sprankle, Administrator