- What if you could direct your PA State income tax dollars?
- What if you could multiply a donation of those tax dollars
- What if you could invest those tax dollars in the lives of school children?
You can do all of these by applying for the PA EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) or PA OSTC (Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit) program!
You can direct your PA State income tax dollars to scholarships for school children to attend Johnstown Christian School!
You can KNOW who you are benefiting and make a real investment in a child’s future with the PA tax dollars that you are obligated to pay!
Individuals or married couples who earn over $30,000 annually for the possibility of a spot ($1,000-$3,499 contribution) or over $103,000 annually for a guaranteed spot ($3,500+ contribution). Note that these earnings cannot be from retirement income or from working for a not-for-profit. Companies, including partnerships, LLCs, C-corps, and S-corps, that pay at least $3,500 in PA income tax
- You must complete a ONE PAGE form to a scholarship organization.
- You must contribute over $3,500 for a guaranteed spot or over $1,000 for the possibility of a spot.
- You must make your contribution all at once (but you may be able to cease your PA income tax withholding or estimated payments—talk to your tax advisor).
- You must be willing to wait for the tax credit until you would receive any refunds from filing your PA State income taxes. Please note that this may take several months after tax filing.
- You MULTIPLY YOUR DONATION OF TAX DOLLARS BY 10 TIMES! (For example, if you contribute $3,500 of PA income tax dollars, JCS will receive $3,500 towards scholarships. You will receive a tax credit of $3,150 (90% of the contribution), and it would cost you $350 (10% of the contribution)).
Download JCS EITC/OSTC Flyer
If you would like to speak directly to us at Johnstown Christian School, call us at (814) 288-2588 and ask for Amy McDowell, Business Manager, or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit Benefits JCS Families